Now that 2013 has come to a close, it’s a good opportunity to pause and look back at the progress we’ve made in the past year. By any metric, it has been a busy year with:
- 20 papers submitted, of which
- roughly 10 were accepted (with many still under review),
- 2 best paper awards,
- over 25 talks,
- at least 5 poster presentations,
- around 10 proposals submitted with 4 successfully funded,
- at least 6 PhD exams,
- 2 great REUs (Research Experiences for Undergraduates),
- and countless credit-hours of successful teaching and mentoring.
With continued effort, 2014 is sure to be even better.